the Aerotrek® Advantages . . .
As we hope you are already finding, our Aerotrek web site provides loads of information about our planes, including specifications and performance
and complete pricing information, along with hundreds of photos. But on this web page, we want to highlight some of the features and aspects of our aircraft
that we feel are particularly noteworthy or distinctive for our Aerotrek aircraft . . .
* only one person, only 10 minutes, to fold our wings!
* our planes are easily trailerable or can be stored in relatively small spaces
* our planes will fit into an enclosed trailer (while some planes with folding wings are too wide to fit into an enclosed trailer)
* our planes give the option of using an enclosed trailer as portable hangar
* with hangar space being unavailable or ridiculously expensive in many parts of the U.S., our truly transportable aircraft has a
great advantage over almost all other S-LSA planes
* our planes are much lower-cost than most S-LSA aircraft
* our planes are well-equipped with 100-hp engine and include radio, intercom, and transponder-encoder and much more as standard equipment
* a more reasonable-cost aircraft will normally have more reasonable-cost insurance
CHOICE OF A220 TAILDRAGGER OR A240 TRICYCLE-GEAR
* our planes are available as trike or taildragger (an uncommon choice among S-LSA planes)
CHOICE OF TUNDRA TIRES OR STANDARD TIRES
* our aircraft are available with standard tires with wheel pants or with tundra tires for flying off of softer fields
(few S-LSA planes have both standard and tundra tires available)
* our A220 taildragger can quickly be switched back and forth from standard tires with wheel pants to our larger tundra tires (on the
same wheels) and our A240 can readliy switch from standard tires with wheel pants to "big" or "biggie" tires
* when our A240 is equipped with biggie tires, it makes a great "tricycle-gear bush plane"!
* roomy cockpit -- 44.1" width is wider than a Cessna 172!
* super visibility with the our clear doors, skylights, etc.
* easy entry (our planes are high wing with two gull-wing doors held open with gas-lift struts)
* extra-comfortable seats -- our seats are exceptionally comfortable so you can fly for hours without any discomfort or need to "wiggle"!
* we have easily adjustable seating positions -- for shorter or taller, bigger or smaller pilots and passengers
* access to the luggage area while flying (many planes have luggage compartments that cannot be accessed while inflight)
GREAT INSTRUMENT PANEL
* our instrument panel is a delight -- optimized for use with an iPad (from the iPad mini through the iPads with 11" displays) or can have a
regular aviation GPS installed. With the optional EFIS and the super-functional EIS electronic engine instrument, it makes things easy
* our instrument panel is standard with the German-mfg. Funkwerk Avionics ATR833-OLED radio and U.S.-mfg. PM1000II intercom -- for outstanding
radio and intercom function in our aircraft
* our instrument panel is standard with the Funkwerk Avionics TRT800H Mode S transponder which is high-performance (250w) -- and we have the
uAvionix ADS-B In/Out system as a relatively low-cost option
* our instrument panel has a large map pocket (while most S-LSA planes don't have this very handy feature)
* we have a low-fuel-level warning light -- red warning light when fuel level is down to only 1 gallon
ADVANCED FEATURE -- COCKPIT-CONTROLLABLE OIL TEMPERATURE CONTROL FLAP
* a standard feature for our airplanes -- our planes have a
cockpit-controllable oil temperature
control flap -- which provides for much for quicker warm-ups and to be able to keep the engine at better operating temperatures
on colder days -- this is a very rare feature on S-LSA planes and a great advantage with our aircraft
* and our Aerotrek aircraft have excellent engine cooling - more efficient and much more capable engine cooling than
some LSA-type aircraft
OUR A220 TAILDRAGGER HAS MODERN FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE
* we have one of the very few modern-performance (120+ mph cruise) side-by-side S-LSA taildraggers available
* our A220 taildragger has excellent forward visibility while taxiing, so typical "weaving back and forth" to see ahead
is not necessary -- resulting in a better, safer taildragger
* our taildragger is considered to be a relatively "easy handling" taildragger
EASY TAKEOFFS AND LANDINGS
* extra-wide landing gear (with both trike and taildragger) with composite landing gear legs makes for really good stability during
taxiing, takeoffs and (especially) landings
GREAT COLOR CHOICES
* our planes are available in a wide variety of colors, color combinations and graphics schemes - pick your own color/s!
* our planes use auto fuel which saves a lot over using avgas (though avgas can be used when necessary)
* a major advantage of our aircraft compared to some others is our aircraft have welded-aluminum wing tanks, which means we can
use auto fuel with ethanol just fine
* our planes typically burn less than 4 gph of gasoline - very efficient!
* a new, high-quality light aircraft should have many years and many hundreds of hours of use with relatively low maintenance costs
* with our aircraft having folding wings and being trailerable, this can avoid expensive hangar fees
* all-aluminum wing structure with composite leading edge and wingtips and composite flaperons
* our wings have no internal moving parts making all inspections very easy and reliable
* our wings are covered with U.S.-mfg. Polyfiber aircraft fabric, for durability with light weight
* we have true STOL performance -- very short takeoff and landing even when fully loaded
* full-span "flaperons" -- with our free-airfoil flaperons even when the wing itself is stalling we still have good aileron authority
* ailerons and flaps actuated through pushrods, instead of cables
VERY GOOD ENDURANCE AND RANGE
* fly more than 6 hours at an easy cruise speed (100 mph) for a range over 600 miles
* or fly at a brisk 120 mph cruise for over 4.5 hours and with a range of over 540 miles
AIRCRAFT FROM A SOLID, RELIABLE COMPANY
* our aircraft have been manufactured since 1990 -- a lot longer than almost any other company offering S-LSA planes -- with no
changes in company ownership or disruptions in production
* see our (2020) "Aeropro 30th Anniversary" web page at...
Aeropro 30th Anniversary
* true "quality" and "attention to detail" -- easy to see for yourself with a good look at our planes, or just ask any of our aircraft owners!
* over 670 factory-built aircraft manufactured since 1990 with zero structural failures
* our planes have had over 30+ years of steady development and refinement by a manufacturer completely dedicated to this aircraft design
STRENGTH AND DURABILITY
* our planes are "bush plane tough"!
* our aircraft have a welded chromoly steel fuselage offering great strength and safety, covered with very durable
U.S.-mfg. aircraft fabric for light weight and ease of repair (there are some good reasons why so many bush planes are built this way!)
* our aircraft have very sturdy composite main landing gear (both tricycle gear and taildraggers) that do a
great job of absorbing bumps and hard landings
* on both our A220 and A240, our main gear legs are an advanced composite design with no bearings, bungees, or draggy struts
* our A240 has a very rugged nosewheel suspension with a steerable nosewheel
CAN FLY WITH DOORS OPEN OR OFF
* one or both doors can be opened during flight (at lower airspeeds) to take photos or for a better view or just for some fresh air!
* or our doors can readily be removed for flying without doors for more of an "open cockpit" experience
VERY GOOD LOAD-CARRYING CAPACITY
* 570 pounds useful load
* roomy luggage compartment
ADDITIONAL NICE DETAILS AND FEATURES
* very efficient "RAM-AIR" engine air intake for better performance and economy
* oil tank quick drain valve for quicker and easier servicing
* Vernier-control throttle for easy and precise power control
* Whelen LED strobe and LED wingtip position lights for safety,
reliability and low power consumption -- a standard feature on all of our aircraft
* many features are standard on our planes -- including features that may be extra-cost options on other aircraft